The best social media pregnancy announcements – one for every personality type!

With the excitement of your 12 week scan starting to die down, and having already informed your nearest and dearest friends and family of your baby news in person, the time has finally come to share your pregnancy announcement with the world via social media!

So to help you decide on what approach you and your partner should take, I’ve compiled a list of my favourite online pregnancy announcements – one for every personality type – all perfectly suited to sharing on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or whatever digital platform you love most.

Come on guys, let’s make this go viral! Like, share, love, retweet, repeat…

1. The Traditionalist

pregnancy announcement

2. The Comedian

Funny pregnancy announcement

3. The Conceptual Artist

Alternative pregnancy announcement

4. The Stationery Lover

Funny pregnancy announcement

This card and many more available from no-me on Etsy (including loads of personalised options too!)

5. The Portly Gent

Funny pregnancy announcement

6. The Show Off

Funny pregnancy announcement

7. The Feminist

Funny pregnancy announcement

8. The Rugby Lad (N.B. requires involvement from willing team mates)

Funny pregnancy announcement

9. The Goth

Funny pregnancy announcement

10. The Meme Lover

Funny pregnancy announcement

11. The Train Spotter

Baby on board

12. The Exhibitionist

Funny pregnancy announcement

Just 26 weeks and 6 days left to go!

So, which would you choose? And for those who’ve been there and done it already, how did you announce your own pregnancy on social media? As always, please do share you weird and wonderful stories in the comments section below!

And for more daily updates from YOUTHEDADDY, come follow us on Instagram, Twitter and now Pinterest!

30 Comments

1. Miranda
    9th July 2016 / 8:13 pm

I just found out Im about 6 weeks along. My husbands nickname was Doughboy. Im going to get 3 Pillsbury cans. Im going to get a grand one for the dad, a pizza one for me (its tall and skinny) and they have a tiny one that says junior biscuit. I cant wait. I think it will be Monday Ill post my pic. I cant wait! 🙂 <3

2. Erika
    19th May 2016 / 6:17 pm

We took a picture with a jar of preggo sauce 🙂

3. Erik
    19th May 2016 / 6:16 pm

We took a picture with a jar of preggo sauce

4. 21st March 2016 / 7:55 pm

Hysterical! I actually just did a movie trailer type announcement for my sister and brother-in-law announcing the arrival of baby number 2 in June.

Thanks for linking up #FabFridayPost

21st March 2016 / 7:56 pm

Cool! What movie did you choose?!

• 21st March 2016 / 8:03 pm

I did an action-adventure kind of theme. You can check it out here:

31st March 2016 / 10:31 am

OMG this is AMAZING! You are so clever and talented!! I want one!

5. 20th March 2016 / 2:38 am

the paperclip one is so cute! We were boring and just wrote something on FB – no pics were used. Looking these over, I wish we’d gotten a little more creative. #FabFridayPost

20th March 2016 / 6:52 am

Thanks for commenting Candace…there’s always next time!!

6. 19th March 2016 / 12:52 pm

I love these! The paperclips are my fave, though the goth one is fab too! I was completely boring and just posted a picture of my 12 week scan to facebook. x #fabfridaypost

19th March 2016 / 12:58 pm

Not boring…classic! And avoids any confusion!!

7. 18th March 2016 / 5:05 pm

lol! This is great. I have to say I have never seen: #8. The Rugby Lad (N.B. requires involvement from willing team mates) before. It is a bit weird… Thanks for linking up with us on #FabFridayPost

18th March 2016 / 5:30 pm

Haha – totally agreed…but rugby lads are all rather odd, so I imagine most of them would be totally up for a bit of nudity!

8. 18th March 2016 / 2:19 pm

I like number 3 the most. I never announced it on social media, just posted a photo on Facebook when my daughter was born instead – there were a lot of surprised faces 🙂 xx #FabFridayPost

18th March 2016 / 2:22 pm

haha – must have been a huge surprise!

9. 18th March 2016 / 12:53 pm

O dear this is so bad it’s almost good! he he he Happy Friday!
    #FabFridayPost

10. 18th March 2016 / 11:07 am

Lol at the ‘my boys can swim one’. I was really boring and just used the baby gaga app and it posted weekly updates to my Facebook wall. My first update was basically my pregnancy announcement. I announced it really though as I’m crap at keeping things to myself. If I’d have managed to wait the obligatory twelve weeks id have been just as boring and would have just announced with my 12 week scan pic.

#fabfridaypost

18th March 2016 / 11:26 am

Nothing boring about being a traditionalist I say! You can’t been the old classics! X

11. 18th March 2016 / 9:59 am

Haha some of these are great. My favourite has to be the conceptual artist!!! #FabFridayPost

12. 18th March 2016 / 9:47 am

Haha this made me laugh. We skipped the pregnancy announcement and went straight for the birth announcement. Didn’t go down too well with some of our friends and family who we hadn’t told for nine long months (I don’t get a bump!!) but it seemed like a good idea at the time!! Still paying for it two years later…..ouch! #fabfridaypost

18th March 2016 / 10:23 am

Ouch – amazing achievement to keep it quiet for the whole 9 months!!! Incredible effort!

• 18th March 2016 / 2:24 pm

It got to a point where we thought, sh*t, we’ve left it way too long now to announce it so we might as well just go the full way! We’ve still got friends/family who are angry about it even now, personally I thought it was hilarious that nobody even noticed!!

18th March 2016 / 2:27 pm

I know right? We’ve only just started announcing but I’ve been certain that everyone knew or at least suspected for weeks! So to think anyone would miss it completely is mind boggling!

• 18th March 2016 / 2:33 pm

I’ve never had a bump with any of my five babies, someone actually joked after baby number four that I could have a baby and nobody would ever even know and then with our fifth we thought, let’s give it a go!

18th March 2016 / 2:39 pm

5 babies – you are a super mum!

13. 17th March 2016 / 9:14 pm

I love the safety pin one! We announced first time with the good ol’ scan photo and second time with a photo of our eldest in a T-shirt saying “I’m going to be a big sister” so think we fall into the “traditional” category.

14. 17th March 2016 / 6:28 pm

My fav has to be the one with the safety pins! Although the beach one and rugby ones made me laugh too. Another great post! Which one’s for you??? I think you can come up with something cleverer, I challenge you! But will you accept? TY for linking up with #FamilyFun

17th March 2016 / 8:07 pm

Haha – that’s my favourite too! Still deciding on how we’ll do it ourselves…follow me on Instagram to find out! We’ve got a bit of time though as still working our way through our immediate family!

15. 17th March 2016 / 3:39 pm

Haha, I love them all. The paperclip one is pretty cool x #familyfun

17th March 2016 / 4:11 pm

Agreed – that’s my favourite too!