As expectant parents, we are bombarded with lists of essential items we simply have to buy to prepare for our new baby’s imminent arrival – each one more surprising and seemingly outrageous than the last.
So for your enjoyment I’ve compiled my list of the 15 most unbelievable and insane baby products available on the market today.
But can you spot the real items from the fakes? Scroll down to reveal the answers!
1. Play-Doh Perfume (unisex)
The perfect scent for new parents, to mask the smell of dirty nappies and dried milk, while hiding the fact that you haven’t had time to shower or change out of your pyjamas for the last three days.
2. The Crib Dribbler – in-cot baby milk dispenser
Ideal for sleep-deprived parents who want to cut down on the nightly feeds, this product is compatible with most crib types and can be filled with milk, formula, water or juice. Salt-lick sold separately.
3. Mr Milker’s breastfeeding kit for dads
Helping dads to bond with their new babes, while giving new mothers a break from breastfeeding duties. After all, why should mum have all the fun?
4. Educational bedtime reading – Nobody likes a Cockblock
Teach your little one a valuable life lesson from with this innovative new bedtime story, which educates them about the pitfalls of entering mummy and daddy’s bedroom unannounced.
5. Backseat Baby Alarm
Are you a new parent, suffering from serious fatigue and occasional memory loss caused by lack of sleep? Then this product is for you, ensuring you never forget that your new baby is in the car when you nip to the shops.
6. Bath Time Temperature Tester
Do you love hot baths but worry that your internal temperature gauge might be set too high when bathing your new baby? It’s innovative design allows you to monitor the temperature easily, without having to get your hands (or elbows) wet.
7. Baby Translator App
Why is she crying? I’ve changed, fed and burped her already….what does it all mean?! If you’ve found yourself asking these very questions, look no further than this baby Translator App, which tells you exactly what your baby is saying through its cries for help.
8. Booger Bin
No longer must new parents’ clothes and surfaces be covered in baby bogies- simply wipe the baby’s nose and dispose of the green stuff easily and cleanly in your own travel-sized Booger Bin.
9. Baby wigs
Fed up with strangers mistaking your little princess for a prince? Or frustrated with your new babe’s uneven hair growth and inherited baldness? If so, these new baby wigs could solve all of your problems.
10. Milk Savers
Avoid embarrassing leakages while breastfeeding, with these milk saver pouches, which collect unused milk for later use. As my mother always said, waste not, want not.
11. Pacifier Glue for Dummies
Tired of your baby’s pacifier constantly falling out at the most inconvenient time? This chemical free and tasty pacifier glue could be the answer to all your problems, keeping that dummy firmly in place until feeding time.
12. Baby Bottle Converter
Are all the baby’s bottles stuck in the dishwasher? Or are you out and about without a bottle to hand? These ingenious bottle converters solve that problem instantly, turning any shop-bought bottle into an instant baby feeder.
13. Dummy Medicine Dispenser
Ever struggled to give your sick baby the medicine it so desperately needs? This dummy does it for you, without the usual leaks experienced when using baby syringes (yes, they are a ‘thing’).
14. Easy-Eat Baby Spoon
Are messy meal times stressing you out? Take the hassle out of feeding your baby with this easy to use food dispensing spoon – just make sure you have a very large cutlery drawer.
15. Toddler Urinals
Avoid arguments over who left the loo seat up, while preparing your little soldier for life as a real man with this home urinal kit. Not suitable for dads (unless your aim is on point).
Could you guess which of these unbelievable baby products for new parents were real or fake? Check out the answers below, along with details of where you can buy each item, either to use for real or to give as a novelty gift!
1. Play-Doh Perfume – REAL! Available to buy here for fans of the colourful putty
2. The Crib Dribbler – FAKE! A prank present for expectant & inexperienced parents
3. Mr Milker breastfeeding kit for dads – REAL! Although questionable in terms of effectiveness…mainly available in the form of a gag gift on Amazon
4. Nobody likes a Cockblock – REAL! New book released on 5 April 2016, available here
5. Backseat Baby Alarm – REAL! But doesn’t come highly recommended…
6. Bath Time Temperature Tester – REAL! Available to buy here
7. Baby Translator App – FAKE! It exists but just as a novelty item unfortunately
8. Booger Bin – FAKE! Another joke item I’m afraid but fun for all the ages
9. Baby wigs – REAL! Unbelievable but true…available here to buy
10. Milk Savers – REAL! Avaialble via www.mymilkies.com
11. Pacifier Glue for Dummies – FAKE! If only…
12. Baby Bottle Converter – REAL! Such a great idea, and loads available to buy online
13. Dummy Medicine Dispenser – REAL! So clever and a total bargain (lots of varieties too)
14. Easy-eat Baby Spoon – REAL! Available to buy from Albee Baby in four funky colours
15. Toddler Urinals – REAL! Insane but true…available to buy here
I hope you’ve enjoyed today’s blog on the world’s most unbelievable baby products available for expectant parents. It’s certainly been an eye opening experience for me!
If you have a chance, please do share it on Facebook, Twitter and your other favourite social feeds to spread it far and wide. And for more daily updates, you can now keep in touch with YOUTHEDADDY via Instagram and Twitter.
Check you later – 31 weeks and two days left to go…